Friday 19 October 2007

Put A Sock In It

Last Friday I received my package from ModernKnitting (formally known as Cnyttanpatterns) cotaining 5 balls of lovely Opal 4ply and a set of DPNs. Having previously bought Opal sock wool and knitted up a couple of hats (I hope you're wearing yours Mum!) I was eager but nervous about trying socks. At first 4 double ended needles seemed like madness but you soon get in the swing of it as I learnt. I finished my first pair of sockies last night and think they look 'fair braw'. The self patterning wool knits up so nice. Well chuffed!!


So much Have I got the hang of it I have even knocked up half a sock of a pink pair just this afternoon.


TOOT TOOT! That's the sound of me blowing my own trumpet!




1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yey! Watch out now though that sock bug is vicious :)