Thursday 6 November 2008

X Marks The Spot

My internet connection has been playing up...again! I did so want to write a very lovely, witty post earlier but couldn't get online..now alas, the mood has gone. Grr.

Today I had to go and vote for the first time since living in this area. A By-Election is taking place due to the death of the former MP of this constituency. I strolled down to the local community centre that was serving as the polling station and put my 'X' in the relevant box. The polls are now closed and the counting has no doubt begun.

Whether my chosen candidate wins I shall have to wait and see. There is a lot of pressure on Labour to win as this is Prime Minister Gordon Brown's home county. It has been said that if his 'local people' do not show faith in his party he may be forced to step down from his PM position.


I don't want to talk too much politics..I think we have all been inundated with election news recently. I was however pleased with the news of Barack Obama's Presidential success and hope for good future U.S/U.K relations. Getting rid of Bush can only have a positive affect, not only in The States but world-wide.


Another day almost over..my pjs are calling me and if there's beauty sleep to be had I need loads of it!! ZZzzzz!!

No comments: