Thursday 29 October 2009

Staying In

October is almost over..crikey! Is staying in the new going out..if not it should be.
I have hardly been out the door lately as its been cold and wet. I'm kind of over obsessing about not catching a cold as it inevitably turns into a chest infection for me which is no fun at all. Swine flu cases are few in this area but there have been some fatalities..another reason I'm semi-hibernating. 20,000 people in Scotland have contracted Swine flu..with no sign of a decrease in figures yet.
Some people may say 'if you're going to get something, you'll get it no matter what precautions you take'...which is fair enough. Like I said..I'm probably over-obsessing but with only 26% lung capacity even a common cold is a full on drama.

Still staying in has its good points too...lots of knitting, tea drinking, lying in bed curled up with the dog, catch up TV, wearing cosy handknitted socks, reading Crime novels, writing letters and thinking of making soup (I haven't got round to actually making it yet).

Happy Halloween for tomorrow folks.

1 comment:

underdutchskies said...

Man, I'd love to be able to spend some quality time indoors with my knitting and tea and a good book. The weather has taken a turn for the worse and I hate the idea of going out.
I'm with you - staying in is the new going out.
I have to ride the train to work every day and I KNOW I will get that damn flu in the train. I've already had a bad cold in October. Nothing like it is for you, I know, so I really shouldn't whine.
Living here in the densest populated country in Europe, I feel a little claustrophobic sometimes and when everyone is coughing and sneezing in a standing-room-only train..... makes me want to hibernate all winter.