Thursday 4 February 2010

Patch is 8

Yesterday was my beloved pooch's 8th birthday. Happy Birthday Patch!!

Now that you are a senior dog will you please do me the honour of growing old gracefully and start behaving yourself ? He has mellowed slightly over the years but the mail which drops through the letterbox each day is still fair game. Patch can be very loving though and adores a snuggle up (albeit sometimes too loving and my teddy bear continues to get the frisky treatment once in a while!).

Yesterday also saw the arrival of some pretty, pretty yarn at Chez Lou. Before Christmas I won 'Letter Of the Month' in Simply Knitting magazine and my prize was £30 of yarn from Serenity Knitting. It took me a while to decide what to order but here is what I chose.

Six balls of Artesano 100% alpaca in 4ply weight. The variegated colourways are from the Hummingbird collection with the red autumnal colours called 'pheasant' and the blue-green is 'lapwing'. The soft grey goes by the moniker of 'bon bon'. I'm hoping to use these to knit a shawl of some description and perhaps my first pair of patterned socks.
All pattern suggestions greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to him! And those yarn choices are fantastic. I am leaning towards the reds, myself.