Friday 23 April 2010

Knitting..it still happens


I know I haven't posted about it for some time but there has been knitting going on. Granted nothing astounding but knitting all the same. The jumpers above are from a pattern on Feed The Children's charity website. I've knitted it a few times previously and its quick and easy. I knit the stripes in rows of 10 so I know at a glance exactly how many rows I've done. There's no raglan so shaping is minimal but my favourite thing about this particular pattern is the neck. You pick up stitches around the neckline ,knit 2ins of rib then double it over and sew the cast off edge inside. Its thick and stretchy with no need for buttons.


I've also knitted up another Dulaan jumper for charity. It's another speedy knit but it's really cute. Done in a nice yarn this can look really special despite it's simplicity. I use arcrylic for my charity knits..it's cheap and easier to wash.

Pictured are also 2 different baby mitt knits..handy (excuse the pun) use of odds and ends that linger in my ever growing stash.


Awaiting blocking is my third go at Mary- Heather Cogar's Simple Things Shawlette. I used some left over sock yarn..it took around 60g (of 4ply).

It's an unusal colourway..perhaps not everyones cup of tea. I like to call it 'Mint Choc Chip'

Also awaiting blocking (I find that process so tedious) is my own variation on the same shawl. I just did more of the yarn over repeats.

I used some Paton's Studio Mohair (now discontinued but still available at reduced price from MCA Direct) which I found lingering. I bought this yarn originally to knit myself a cardi which fell by the wayside.










Currently on the needles is another teacosy for a friend..share that with you when I'm done..hopefully after the weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sweaters are really cute! I love the stripes.

Omi said...

Hola Trabajo Más Bastante Agradable y bonita es El Propósito. ¡Salud

Yarndancer said...

Those sweaters are adorable!! And I love the shawlette, the colours are great!

Littlelou said...

Omi..thank you but I do not understand Spanish /Portugese. However from the little I can translate I know it is complimentary..so thank you