Thursday 20 May 2010

Okay, it's time for me to share with you what I bought at the Knit Fair in Perth. Well, to be truthful I didn't buy a lot because I am saving all my yarn purchasing kudos for when I go to Knit Camp in Stirling this August. However....


I did buy a whole kilo of James Brett Marble Chunky because despite its acrylicness its beautifully soft and smoochy and the colours are wonderful. I bought the blue colourway as it reminds me of the beach...water, sky and sandy hues.

It was a bargain at £15 too.

There is enough in this pack to knit perhaps 2 jumpers...I need to check out some simple patterns.
At the British Yarns stall I bought some wool..yes REAL wool from sheepies. It's a Shetland 4ply in 2 very nice greeny shades that remind me of tweedy jackets often worn with kilts.

I did buy 4 balls but alas I must have dropped one on the train.
I tried not to cry too much but thanked the yarn gods that it was not my 'prize' buy I lost.

Ohh so now you are perhaps wondering what that may be?


Okay..I'll share..
It's a skein of lovely, lovely Colinette Jitterbug in the brightest colourway I have ever seen. It's called 'Mardi Gras' and I feel some party socks may be required from this. Any pattern suggestions?
Of course at £9.95 it wasn't really within the days planned budget (and I have a heap of sock yarn in my stash already!) but imagine my surprise when I opened my packed lunch to find this little letter and a £10 note from my beloved.

Isn't he a star because not only did he prepare my delicous sandwiches (I was in a rush as usual)
but he funded my yarn habit. He's a keeper for sure xxx

4 comments:

Cecelia said...

Wait a minute...you got a made-with-love homemade lunch, a lovely note AND some cash to buy yarn from your man? I think THAT is the prize of the day!

Patricia McMahon said...

Lunch and yarn money? Thumbs up! Love the Mardi Gras yarn. Needs to be something festive for sure.

The Sunroom said...

I'm jealous of the colinette it's heavenly isn't it? I love your teddies too. What's your name on Ravelry Lou?

gertie @ The Old Block House said...

How sweet!